How to get rid of dark spots on face overnight, fast, naturally using home remedies and treatment methods is discussed below in details. We will also look at the Causes of dark spots on skin and how to care for oily face skin and remove dark spots, marks, dots on skin permanently.
Dark spots on the face are every woman’s nightmare. Everybody wants a flawless skin because it is considered a measure of beauty.
Women apply layers of make up just to hide their flaws. You are very lucky if you have a natural flawless skin. However, dark spots on the face cannot be prevented entirely so it is important to learn how to get rid of dark spots on face overnight.
Reasons, Causes of dark spots on face
- Reasons, Causes of dark spots on face
- How to remove pimple marks naturally for oily skin
- How to get rid of dark spots on face overnight, fast, naturally, using home remedies
- Concealer for dark spots on face
- Dark spots on face treatment
Dark spots on the face can be caused or triggered by several factors. Most of the times they are marks left behind after a skin condition heal but there are other complex causes as well. Every woman would love to know how to get rid of dark spots on face overnight despite the cause.
1. Pimples that are healing/popping pimples
After you pop pimples and they begin to heal, the melanin concentrating around that area will increase and the area will turn into a dark spot.
2. Allergic reaction that cause bumps on face
Allergies are caused by a hyper active immune system that reacts to something that is introduced to your system .Such substances are known as allergens. Allergies are characterized by outbreak of bumps on the skin especially on the face. When these allergic reactions heal they leave behind dark marks on your skin.
3. Sun burns
Sun burns will form spots on your face that are of a darker shade than your skin. Do not over expose your face to the sun and if you have to then apply sunscreen on your face and neck.
4. Itchy rash on face
An itchy rash on the face will tempt you into scratching it all the time and this will lead to scars left behind on your face when the rash heals.
Acne is a skin condition that forms when hair follicles are clogged with dead skin soil and excess sebum. Dark scars for on the face during the healing process of acne.
Sudden appearance of dark patches on the face and neck can be a sign of early pregnancy. They are melisma .According to Medicine Net, “When melisma occurs during pregnancy, it is also called chloasma or the mask of pregnancy”. Hormonal imbalance during pregnancy can lead to excess production of melanin.
These spots usually clear off naturally after giving birth.
7. Dark spots on face cancer
Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that causes dark spots on the face that keep changing in color, shape and size. Watch out for such types of spots and ensure you visit a dermatologist.
Melasma refers to dark patches or discoloration of the skin. It is triggered by hormonal imbalance due to pregnancy, contraception pills, genetics, race or reaction to certain medication.
Tanning will make your skin look amazing but will eventually damage your skin and make you have dark posts or patches. The UV light is harmful to your skin health. You need to take good care of your skin after tanning.
Diabetes causes several skin conditions that can result into discoloration of any part of the skin that is affected including the face.
Generally, shaving causes hyperpigmentation of the skin. If you do not shave your facial hair carefully you might end up damaging your skin by triggering ingrown hairs that will cause dark sore bumps on the skin. It is important to learn how to remove ingrown hair after shaving and to learn how to shave in the right direction.
12. Liver disease
Appearance of dark circles around the eyes or flair ups of acne, eczema and pimples are signs and symptoms of liver damage. These will make you have constant dark spots on your face if the disease is not contained.
13. Vitamin deficiency
Lack of Vitamin B12 causes hyperpigmentation which refers to the increases of melanin production on certain parts of the skin.
How to remove pimple marks naturally for oily skin
Oily skin is inherited and it is very prone to pimples and other bacterial
infections like zits. Removal of pimples marks for oily skin focuses on product that will regulate the production of excess oil on the skin.
The home remedies for how to get rid of dark spots on face overnight that are discussed below are very effective for this process .But not all the remedies are best for oily skin. Oily skin is very sensitive so specific remedies are recommended. They include;
- Lemon and honey
The methods of application of these three remedies have been discussed below in details.
How to get rid of dark spots on face overnight, fast, naturally, using home remedies
How to get rid of dark spots on face fast, overnight, 2 days or in one week is a very essential lesson for anyone who adores flawless skin. Women mostly get bothered by any blemish on their skin, especially in their face.
Your self-esteem maybe lowered if you do not know how to remove dark sports on face caused by pimples. Here are a few tips on how to get rid of dark spots on face overnight or after a few days. It is also important to note the above causes to avoid re-occurrence of these spots.
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is rich in ascorbic and alpha hydroxyl acids that are able to bleach or lighten dark spots on the face. Lemon juice will rejuvenate your skin and make your face look young and fresh. It is the best remedy for how to get rid of dark spots on face overnight. Ensure you use a good moisturizer after using lemon juice in order to prevent your skin from drying up.
- A Sieve
- A Cup
- A sharp knife
- A ball of cotton
- A clean piece of cloth
Directions of use remove dark spots on face using lemon juice
- Place the lemon on a hard surface then apply pressure on it by kneading it against the hard surface in order to increase the amount of juice it will produce.
- Cut the lemon into two halves.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a cup through a sieve
- Dilute the juice with some water
- Apply the lemon juice on your face using a cotton ball
- Concentrate on the parts that have the dark spots
- Use cold water to wash off the lemon juice
- Pat dry your face using a clean piece of cloth
- Repeat this procedure 3 times a week
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda exfoliates the skin and gets rid of dark spots on the face so fast. It will make your face look fresh and youthful.
What you need
- Baking Soda
How to get rid of dark spots caused by pimples using baking soda
- Put 5 teaspoonful of baking soda in a cup
- Add a few drops of water
- Stir to form a thick paste
- Apply the paste on the dark spots before you go to bed
- Let the baking soda mask stay on your face overnight
- Rinse it off in the morning using clean water
- Dry your face using a towel and apply a moisturizer on your face
Natural raw honey that has not yet been processed is the best remedy for how to get rid of dark spots on face overnight .It is also a moisturizer and will rejuvenate your skin.
- Natural raw honey
- Clean water
- A clean towel
How to get rid of dark spots on face fast using honey
- Ensure your face is clean before you go to bed
- Wash it with soap and clean water and dry it
- Apply raw honey on your face until it is fully masked with honey
- Concentrate on the parts that are affected by the dark spots
- Let the honey dry up then let it stay on your face overnight
- Wash it off in the morning
- Repeat this every night and see a significant change within a week.
Potatoes have vitamins and minerals that are essential for your skin health. The juice from potatoes is able to lighten dark spots on the face and balance your skin tone. If you want to have that striking look grab some potatoes and make it work for you.
What you need
- A raw potato
- A knife
- A blender
- A clean towel
- Clean water
How to remove dark spots on face fast using potatoes at home
- Peel off the back of the back of the potato
- Wash the potato to remove any dirt on it
- Cut them into cubes
- Blend the cubes into juice
- Apply the juice on your face
- let the juice sink into the skin and dry up
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
- Dry your skin with clean towel
- Apply a moisturizer
- Repeat the procedure twice a day
Cucumber is known for its cooling effect on skin but it can also bleach dark spots n face .It is rich in minerals and vitamins like potassium and vitamin A that are essential for your skin. Cucumbers will give you an even skin tone.
- Pestle and mortar
- Clean water
- A clean towel
What to do
- Slice cucumbers into several tiny pieces
- Place them in a mortar and crush with a pestle Crush cucumbers to get their juice.
- Apply the juice on your face while concentrating on the affected areas
- Let it settle on your face and sink into the skin overnight
- Rinse off the cucumber juice from your face using lukewarm water
- Dry your face with a clean towel and apply a moisturizer
- Repeat this process daily until you notice a significant change
6. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera gel is an ideal remedy for how to get rid of dark spots on face overnight .If you have dark spots on your face after your pimples dry out then you should make aloe Vera your best friend. It is rich in nutrients and polysaccharides that will rejuvenate your skin.
You will need the following;
- Aloe Vera leaves
- A Sharp knife
- A mixer/ blender
- A container for collecting the gel
- A clean piece of cloth
How to remove spots from face in 2 days, fast, using aloe vera
- Cut three pieces of Aloe Vera on both ends
- Peel off the upper green layer from the leaf in order to expose the thick aloe Vera gel in the leaves.
- In case you find any yellow liquid on the leaf, rinse it out with clean water.
- Peel off the green back of the leaf.
- The clear thick gel that is left is the aloe Vera gel.
- Cut the gel into small pieces and blend the gel into a liquid form.
- Apply the aloe Vera gel on your face
- Gently massage your face in circular motions so that the gel sinks into your skin
- Let it settle on the skin for 15 minutes
- Rinse it off using clean water
- Dry your face using a clean piece of cloth and apply a moisturizer
- Repeat this process 2 times a day
Turmeric powder mask is a very effective method for how to remove dark spots on face in one week. It makes your skin fair and lovely. It will get rid of dark spots caused by all acne, allergies, pimples and any other skin conditions.
- Turmeric powder
- Olive oil
- A clean towel
What to do
- Mix 1 tablespoons of turmeric powder with a few drop of olive oil
- Stir the two into a thick paste
- Mask the dark spots on your face with this paste
- Let it settle on the skin for 10 minutes
- Rinse it off using lukewarm water
- Dry your skin with a clean towel
- Repeat this procedure at least once a day
You may also like how to remove small white spots on skin
Concealer for dark spots on face
Since it can be difficult or expensive to afford most methods of how to get rid of dark spots on face overnight, a concealer is the best make up for dark, black spots on face .It will sort out your problem temporarily when you need to look pretty out there.
You need to be very careful when choosing concealer for dark spots on your face or else you may end up looking ridiculous and fake. You should use a concealer that has a hue that lies between your natural skin color and the dark spots on face so that it blends them together.
You can use sticks and pencil concealers on a small area, but if your entire face is affected then you need concealer that is in the form of cream or liquid.
The following are steps that will guide you in applying your concealer appropriately;
- Wash your face and hands
- Dry it using a clean towel
- Apply a moisturizer
- Gently dab the concealer on the dark spots on face to cover them (ensure that the concealer is a shade between your skin tone and the dark spots)
- Blend the edges of the concealer to give it a natural look.
- Apply some powder on your face using a soft powder brush
- Apply foundation and blend it evenly for a final touch.
- Your face will look flawless and you will be able to hide the dark marks throughout the day.
Dark spots on face treatment
Dark spots on face can be removed permanently by doctor’s prescription or certain operations like laser treatment. The following are some of the ways of doing this.
There are creams that are tailor made for removal of dark spots on face within a week. According to HealthCure, “There are some important ingredients to check out for in OTCs or prescription creams for dark spots on face i.e. Niacinimide, Vitamin C, and Licorice and Acetyl glucosamine.”
Examples of dark spots on face removal cream include; Himalaya Clarina Anti-acne Cream and Oriflame Dark Spot Fading Concentration and Acne Spot Repair.
2. Vitamin supplements
Deficiency of certain vitamins in the body makes it hard for dark marks to fade off from your skin. Taking supplements of Vitamin B12, C and E will benefit your skin and improve its appearance.
3. Retin for dark spots on face
Retin for dark spots on face also known as retinoic acid or Retin-A (A form of Vitamin A) are prescription creams or gels that are very effective for removing dark spots on face. They can be bought over the counter after getting advice from your dermatologist.
4. Laser treatment
Laser treatment is expensive method of how to get rid of dark spots on face overnight but it works instantly and the operation takes less than an hour .A concentrated laser beam I s focused on the dark spots and it destroys them and gets rid of them completely.
This procedure should be conducted by a professional doctor. This treatment can be repeated if your spots re deeply rooted into the skin.
5. Chemical peels
Chemical peeling of skin is a clinical method of how to get rid of dark spots on face overnight .It is done by a professional dermatologist. It is a fast and effective method.
A concoction of chemicals is used to remove layers of the skin and clear the dark spots on your face leaving you with flawless skin.