How to get rid of acne marks fast using home remedies needs patience and persistence. Permanent removal of old dark deep acne scars or holes is also possible through medical procedures discussed below.
Those annoying acne scars, spots or marks can also be removed permanently using advanced medical procedures like the laser rays. Some may fade and go away with proper skin care measures using home remedies.
Deep acne scars or marks may need a professional dermatologist to help in diagnosing in their removal. Discussed below is how to get rid of acne marks at home, dark spots and scars.
On its own, acne is not only worrying, but it also causes a lot of discomfort. As such, when it goes the extra distance and leaves behind acne marks, dark spots, and scars, it becomes a real hassle. The formation of scars and spots on the face may be dependent on a person’s genetics. In other cases, it is because the acne was not left alone.
Despite the reason that could have led to the formation of acne scars and dark spots, they both have a single thing in common: people who have them want to know how they can remove them from their skin surface, get rid of acne dark or red spots, marks or scars and remain with a clear, clean skin that is pot free.
- Acne Scabs
- Types of Acne Scars Marks
- Difference between Dark Spots on Face and Acne Scars on Face
- Causes of Acne Marks, scars and spots
- How to Get Rid Of Acne Marks Fast; Natural Acne Marks Removal From Face, Back, Skin
- 1. How to Get rid of Acne Marks Fast, naturally using Bio Oil
- 2. How to Get rid of Acne Marks Fast using Honey
- 3. How to Get rid of Acne Marks Fast using Baking Soda
- 4. How to Get rid of Acne Marks Fast using Aloe Vera
- 5. How to Get rid of Acne Marks Fast using Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6. Ice Cube
- 7. How to Get rid of Acne Marks Fast using Fresh Lemon Juice
- 8. Vitamin C
- 9. Exfoliation
- 10. How to Get rid of Acne Marks Fast using Vitamin E
- 11. Face Wash
- How to Get Rid of Acne Scabs
- How to Get Rid of Old Acne Scars and Fade Dark acne spots form the skin
- How to Minimize Post Acne Marks
- How to Get rid of Acne Marks Fast, Overnight, Instantly – Treatment
Acne scabs, also known as pimple scabs are red and sore formations that come about after you have popped a pimple on your face.
In many cases, crusty scabs usually begin to form on cuts or wounds to help with the healing process. After popping and scratching zits, dry crusty scabs will start to form on the head of the pimple.
As time passes by, they can keep on scabbing repeatedly, come off too early, refuse to heal, or begin forming acne scars on the face.
Types of Acne Scars Marks
Acne scars will usually come in varying sizes, colors, and even shapes. The scars can be raised or pitted. The one thing that they all have in common is that they can all be treated, and partially or completely removed from your skin surface.
If you have acne spots and scars, you need to know that you are not alone. At one point in their lives, close to ninety-nine percent of the world’s population has to deal with acne, and each sufferer will remain with a form of scarring to show for it.
As such, you could be wondering what type of acne scar marks you have. The type of acne scars are discussed below:
1. Depressed Acne Scars
Pitted or depressed scars are the most common in the world. They are normally caused by inflammatory acne. This is acne that is comprised or red blemishes, papules, pimples, and large swollen lesions.
The depressed scars caused by inflammatory acne normally sit on collagen rich scar tissue, that prevents your skin from indentation, and hence the need to seek treatment.
Depressed acne leaves behind three main types of scars, which include:
- Rolling scars
- Boxcar scars
- Ice pick scars
2. Raised Acne Scars
These type of acne marks are less common as compared to the depressed ones, even though they are also caused by inflammatory acne.
In many cases, the scars resulting from raised acne are more obvious as compared to those from depressed acne. When it comes to treating them, they tend to present a tougher challenge as well because there happens to be excess scar tissue present on your skin surface.
The excess scar tissue manifests itself in the form of a bumpy and uneven surface, which catches light.
Raised acne scars are of two types:
- Keloid scars
- Hypertrophic scars
Difference between Dark Spots on Face and Acne Scars on Face
By definition, scars tend to be permanent. When talking about acne scars, we will essentially be talking about skin defects, also known as pock dents or marks, and which are known to respond very well to fillers.
A number of factors on the other hand can cause dark spots, and their treatment will often be based on the skin color of the affected person. There are people who will respond well to laser treatment, while others will be advised to consider using a bleaching regimen or using a chemical peel.
Causes of Acne Marks, scars and spots
Before we get to how to get rid of acne marks fast, lets first understand the causes. Acne spots and marks can be caused by many factors. Some of this will depend on an individual’s state of immune system and the type of skin that one has. The following are some of the causes of acne marks:
1. Touching Your Face a Lot
It may come as a surprise to many people, but when you subconsciously touch your face all day, you end up making it the dirtiest part of the body.
Even though it is best to ensure you wash your face each night before going to bed, it is best to try to prevent your hands from having to touch your face unnecessarily. When it happens, it may add bacteria to your skin surface, which then adds on to the acne bacteria, thereby causing additional problems.
2. Consuming More Daily Than Is Normal
When you begin developing cystic breakouts on the neck area, jaw line and on the chin, it could be an indication that your diet has more dairy than the body is able to tolerate.
The skin often acts as an excretory system, which eliminates things that the body may not be agreeing with, and when you consume too much dairy, it is harder to digest by nature, and may come out in the form of cystic blemishes located in the lower area of your face.
Apart from personal experiences, which help in confirming that this is one of the causes of acne spots, Stanford University School of Medicine also conducted a similar study in 2002.
According to researchers, the subjects from this study who had the greatest increases in stress levels during the exam periods also happened to have the greatest exacerbation in acne severity. As such, stress not only affects your flare-up of acne, but it also worsens the condition of your skin.
4. Use of New Skin Care Products
Whenever you introduce new skin care products to the skin, you may get initial blemish purging, especially in cases where the products are providing your skin with more exfoliation than is normal.
If the exfoliation continues for more than fourteen days, it means that this product is not a great fit for the skin.
Hormones can be classified as chemical messengers, which are created by our bodies, and which help to regulate cell growth, mood, and reproductive cycles.
When the hormones begin to fluctuate, they may trigger depression, fatigue, weight gain, sleeplessness, and may lead to acne breakouts in adults.
A good sign of a hormonal imbalance is when the monthly cycle becomes inconsistent.
6. Fluctuation of Weather Temperatures
When the weather season begins to change, and the weather condition vary from warm to cold, it may cause havoc on your skin surface.
This will leave the skin confused, unbalanced, and prone to getting acne spots.
7. Using New Medication
Different drugs have a different effect on your body. Normally, drug and medication use may cause stress to your nervous system, and this will elevate the hormones.
An elevation in the hormone levels contributes to the wear and tear of your connective tissues, which results in skin that is saggy, flaccid, loose, and an increased number of acne marks.
8. Use of the Clarisonic Brush
Using electric brushes like the Clarisonic may be too stimulating on a skin surface for some individuals, and this will result in the breakout of acne spots.
For some people, the exfoliation benefits provided by the brush help in lessening breakouts of the same spots.
How to Get Rid Of Acne Marks Fast; Natural Acne Marks Removal From Face, Back, Skin
If you find that acne, marks are shattering your confidence and bringing you down, you will find that there are some simple home remedies you can use to minimize the pits responsible for causing the acne flare-ups that leave marks and acne spots on your face.
- It is important to understand that acne can occur on the face at any point of your life due to dehydration, hormone disorders, menstruation, poor dieting, and use of certain cleansing or cosmetic items.
- Apart from the face, many people experience acne on other areas of the body such as the chest, neck, and back. For women, it is common for them to experience acne at different points in their life e.g. when they are pregnant
The acne will at some point go away, but these pimples may leave behind some acne scars, if they are rubbed vigorously or popped. Apart from medical procedures, you can use the following home remedies to help in Acne marks removal.
1. How to Get rid of Acne Marks Fast, naturally using Bio Oil
Bio oil is skin friendly because it contains numerous properties such as antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins. If looking for ways on how to fade acne marks, you should consider using bio oil as it also contains anti-inflammatory properties that help in eliminating the scars
How to Use Bio Oil for Acne Scars fast removal
You will need to apply the bio oil on the marks each night before heading to bed. You will need:
- Bio oil
- A clean towel
- Warm water
What to do
- Scoop a small amount of bio oil and gently massage your face with it. Ensure you focus on the areas with the pimple marks
- Continue massaging until you feel that all the oil has been absorbed by your skin
- Take the clean towel and dip it into the warm water
- Place the warm wet cloth on the face to get the steam from the cloth
- Use the cloth to wipe away the excess oil. When wiping, take care not to rub the face
- After two minutes, use the normal water to wash your face
2. How to Get rid of Acne Marks Fast using Honey
Honey is another home remedy which you can use to treat the acne spots.
How to Use Honey to remove Acne Marks naturally at home
- Scoop a small amount of honey and apply it to the marks on your face before leaving it overnight.
- Wash off the honey in the morning
- Take two teaspoon of honey and mix them with a quarter cup of oatmeal. You will need to apply this mixture gently on your pimple marks and leave it there for at least twenty minutes
- Proceed to wash it using lukewarm water
- Take half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and a single teaspoon of honey and apply it on these pimple marks.
- Leave it there for at least one hour. You may also leave it overnight and wash it off in the morning
3. How to Get rid of Acne Marks Fast using Baking Soda
Baking soda is another ingredient that you can use when looking for ways at acne marks removal. It has an exfoliating effect that helps in removing the dead skin layers from the face without causing any inflammation
Using Baking Soda for Acne Spots Removal
- Scoop a few teaspoons of baking soda and use water to make a paste
- Use the paste to gently massage your face, ensuring you focus on the areas with the scars
- Massage your face for at least two minutes and then leave the paste on your face for five minutes
- Wash your face using warm water
- Apply a moisturizer to your face
- Apply the baking soda paste at least three times each week
4. How to Get rid of Acne Marks Fast using Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a wonder herb that not only soothes your skin surface, but one that also helps regenerate all the damaged tissues, while helping boost the scars healing process.
It is recommended that you use a fresh gel from an aloe leaf as compared to using over the counter medications.
Using Aloe Vera Gel to get rid of acne marks, spots, scars fast naturally
- Take a fresh aloe leaf and peel the outer green cover
- There will be a gel like substance beneath the cover
- Take the gel from the leaf and apply it to the pimples
- You will need to leave the gel on the face for at least an hour before you can wash it
- Apply the aloe gel twice each day
5. How to Get rid of Acne Marks Fast using Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a home remedy that comes with very many properties. It is a natural disinfectant as well as an astringent, and this makes it an excellent anti-septic.
- The apple cider vinegar is able to balance the pH levels present in the body and on the skin when you apply it topically. Given that it contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties; it helps in treating the acne marks.
All the apple cider vinegar properties are granted by its advantageous components that comprise of minerals, amino acids, acetic acid, vitamins, as well as carbolic acid
The vinegar will not only scrape off the dead cells on your skin, but it also helps in fading away the acne spots.
Using Apple Cider Vinegar
You will need:
- A single part of apple cider vinegar
- One part of water
- A cotton ball
What to do at home
- Mix water and your apple cider vinegar
- Take your cotton ball and dip it in this solution
- Use the cotton ball to apply it to the acne scars
- Leave it there for at least ten minutes
- Wash the solution from your face using some water
- Apply it once each day
6. Ice Cube
It is possible to use ice cubes to treat acne scars by preparing a cold compress. A cold compress is prepared by taking some ice cubes and placing them in a piece of cloth or towel.
You will then need to press this towel on the areas that have the pimple marks. Place it on the affected area and leave it there for at least five minutes.
The cold compress helps in reducing inflammation caused by the pimples on your face.
7. How to Get rid of Acne Marks Fast using Fresh Lemon Juice
Lemon is ideal for treating acne spots and scars given that it is a natural bleach. It also contains vitamin C, which will help in rebuilding your collagen. Using lime juice on the scars will ensure that they start to lighten up with each passing day.
Using Lemon Juice
- Squeeze the juice from a fresh lemon and apply it to the scars on your face using your finger tips
- Leave it there for ten minutes before washing it with water
- Apply the lime juice to your face at least once each day
- For people who have sensitive skin, you will need to dilute the lime juice by adding some rose water to it and then applying the solution to your face
8. Vitamin C
In recent years, vitamin C has become recognized as one of the few vitamins that are beneficial to the human body, and skin.
It helps in moisturizing your skin surface while making the spots and scars on the face less noticeable. With consistent use, you will begin to notice some changes to your skin surface.
Vitamin C is present in most food items such as olive oil and limejuice.
Another important home remedy for eliminating the acne spots is exfoliation. At home, you can exfoliate using a Clarisonic brush
Use the brush to brush your skin surface gently. This will help in eliminating all the dead skin cells, thereby removing the scars, and allowing your skin to grow a new layer
10. How to Get rid of Acne Marks Fast using Vitamin E
Vitamin E of the easiest ways for you to use to get rid of old dark acne scars on face, back or any other part of the body.
- Simply puncture the end of the vitamin E capsule.
- You will then have to squeeze its contents on to your fingers.
- Take this oil and apply it to the scarred skin
- You may also combine it with your daily moisturizer to assist your pimple marks and scars heal at a faster pace.
11. Face Wash
Washing your face on a regular basis will help eliminate any bacteria and dirt that could be present. Accumulation of dirt and bacteria has been known to cause an acne outbreak.
You, will, therefore need to cleanse your skin using mild soap to help get rid of the dead skin cells. Avoid using harsh soaps as they may cause further irritation.
How to Get Rid of Acne Scabs
It is possible to get rid of acne scabs by using a topical antibiotic cream, which is readily available at your local pharmacy.
The antibiotic cream should be applied to each scab. According to Mayo Clinic, antibiotic creams will help in healing the existing acne at a much faster pace, while preventing the appearance of new acne scars.
How to Get Rid of Old Acne Scars and Fade Dark acne spots form the skin
Old acne scars can be treated using fade creams and cortisone. Cortisone cream can be used in calming the skin, especially when it appears to be red and swollen.
Your skin cells will absorb the cream and reduce the inflammation caused by the pimples.
How to Minimize Post Acne Marks
To minimize the post acne marks, you should consider using products that come loaded with antioxidants, such as vitamin C, and retinol, which helps in restoring your skin.
These two ingredients will also help safeguard the skin from the assault caused by environmental factors, while at the same time helping revitalize the surface of your skin. As a result, you will end up with a smooth, healthy, and balanced appearance.
How to Get rid of Acne Marks Fast, Overnight, Instantly – Treatment
You may seek medical advice after trying the home remedies and the acne marks won’t go away or these acne spots keep coming back. Acne spots and scars can be treated using a number of methods:
1. How to get rid of acne marks permanently – Laser Treatment
If the acne scars refuse to fade away on their own, then it is time for you to consider visiting a dermatologist.
The dermatologist, using laser skin resurfacing (which relies on fractionated laser technology) will be able to even out your skin surface in one to three sessions, as well as assist your skin form new collagen.
Collagen is a skin building block, as it happens to be a protein. The collagen will then help fill in the scars present on your skin.
2. How to get rid of acne marks fast using Filler Treatments
Filler treatments administered through injections help in filling in the indentations that are left behind by the deep acne scars.
According to the American Academy of Dermatologists, fillers are effective in treating the scars, though they have a single downside in that they have to be repeated after every four months.
3. How to get rid of acne marks fast using surgery
If you decide to go the surgery route, you should consult your dermatologist about undergoing a subcision.
A subcision is a surgical technique where the fibrous band found under your skin is divided. Once it is divided, it will allow your skin to return to the normal position as healing progresses.
The dermatologist may also recommend the use of medicine, such as topical steroids. Medication is often recommended for people who do not have severe scars.
The potent topical steroids have to be applied under occlusion to your acne spots for at least three weeks before you can start noticing some changes.
6. How to get rid of acne marks fast using Microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion is a procedure that has to take place in your clinician’s office. The clinician will use abrasive crystals to do away with the top layers of your skin surface.
The procedure will not involve the use of a local anesthesia, and your skin color is expected to go back to its normal shed within a period of twenty-four hours.
Acne can be irritating and discomforting, but the marks left behind can lead to a loss of self-esteem and self-confidence. The good news is that you do not have to leave with these spots as they can be removed using the home remedies, and the modern treatment methods that have been discussed above.
Below is a video on how to get rid of acne marks of face, neck and remove red, dark acne spots from the skin using home remedies;
Readers may also look at: